I was approached by Honeypot to answer questions they were being asked by software developers for their dev community platform. The following articles were the result:
- How Developers Can Negotiate For Manager-level Pay
- 14 Tips for Making a Great First Impression at Your New Developer Job
- 5 Reasons Why Developer Salaries Stagnate
- You’re a Junior Developer – Now What?
- Which Soft Skills Should Developers Be More Focused On?
- What To Do When You Hate Writing Tests
- I Can’t Seem to Find the Right Company Fit
- How to Show Confidence in Job Interviews
- How to Keep Up to Date with Technologies as a Software Developer
- How to Deal with Difficult Personalities Within a Team of Developers
- How to Deal With a Lack of Communication While Working From Home
- How to Be Honest and Still Get Promoted
- How Do I Work Around a Touchy Manager Relationship As a Software Engineer?
- Advice For a New and Inexperienced Tech Lead
- How to Discuss Burnout With Your Manager
Answering questions in writing take a lot of time, and now I tend to answer questions in my podcast, albeit not nearly as succinctly. If you have a question you can email it to me, and I will try to fit it into a future podcast.